Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The influence of clowns

There is nothing better to brighten an otherwise dull and dismal work day than sitting in the studio cafeteria and have It the clown walk in in full makeup, followed by a close to eight foot tall man and other stragglers in weird dress.

It turned out that the extras in random clothing, the giant and the clown were all part of Russell Brand's new commercial, who I also saw strolling around in exceedingly tight black jeans. I seriously do not under how the man breathes in those things and I sincerely hope that he's not planning any children in the near future because god knows there's little hope if he carries on in trousers tighter than my leggings.

However, the best part of the entire day was when It the clown would walk past the work room and those who hadn't yet seen him would have a moment of sheer terror as he strode past on his way to the set or the toilets. I have never seen It but I imagine it would scare the bejesus out of me. I have a very vivid memory of being quite young and watching Sky One when a commercial came on for the televised screening that featured the clown, a shower drain and lots of blood. Since that day, I have looked at plugholes in a completely different way.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring a similarly bizarre distraction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home