Thursday, November 23, 2006

Somebody, hire me!

Urgh, the depressing reality of once again starting the job hunt is hanging over me like a dark cloud, ready to piss it down at any moment. It's just so bloody daunting, writing endless cover letters, trying to keep the pleading tone out of the text and tweaking your CV relentlessly.

I think back to my first job, working in a video store and it all seemed so easy. It was one of the first places I dropped in my virtually blank CV and lo, behold, interview!

On the day of the interview, I remember feeling somewhat nihilistic, having failed my driving test about two hours before and I think my then potential bosses quite liked the fact that not only was I black mooded but my favourite film was Clerks.

Whilst the pay was appalling, the job made it totally worth it, as did the people I worked with there. Many hours were spent sitting on the counter, watching movies and eating chinese takeout from a few shops down. The people at Blockbuster down the street never got that and boy, did they hate us for it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home