Tuesday, January 30, 2007

(Un)interesting story of the day

So, tonight, fiddling around when I came home from work, I felt it necessary to inspect the label inside my new smock long-top-short-dress type thing. As my eyes scanned down the tiny writing and then flipped over, something caught my attention. Where I was expecting it to say Made in China/Taiwan/by poor orphan children in a sweat shop, it instead said Made in F.Y.R.O.M.

Now, you must forgive me because apparently I'm not up to date with the hip new acronyms, nor am I that good at geography. I took a good few minutes staring, puzzled, at this weird new acronym appearing on my Topshop label. Where the hell was F.Y.R.O.M.? what country was it? Eventually my powers of detection led me to google it and apparently its the Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia. But don't you dare call it just Macedonia.

Anyway, mystery solved, anti lives to see another day. Wearing mass produced Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia Topshop.

Try saying that quickly.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home