Thursday, May 10, 2007

She lives



I bet you were all expecting a blizzard of bored blogs from me over the bank holiday weekend, especially after the turning of the weather. Well, twas not the case. We escaped to the coast for a few days and even got to sit on the beach in the sun on Saturday, albeit with freezing gusts of wind whipping at us.

Coming back from the countryside to the city is always a strange experience. On the train up, I watched as rolling hills and fields full of sheep gradually gave way to new build houses and concrete as far as the eye could see. The odd house in the middle of nowhere was replaced with terraced rows and where cows had been, stood queues of cars filled with impatient people.

I may be a city girl born and bred but by god, once in a while its nice to breathe clean air and listen to nothing, just silence.

I think I'm going soft in my old age.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home