Thursday, August 30, 2007

Culture Vulture (of the radio kind)

So, last Thursday I spent the morning debating with my boyfriend about whether or not to go to Get Loaded, part of the weekend festival Metro Weekender on Clapham Common. We'd been the previous year and had a great time, so we thought we might go again but steeper ticket prices had meant that we were still unsure. I was listening to the radio and pondering on whether my overdraft would stretch far enough when the DJ announced that they had 2 VIP tickets for the Get Loaded day for that day's Culture Vulture prize. Feeling flippant, I filled in the form on their website and figured that would be the last of it until I paid the extortionately inflated ticket prices that evening on Ticketmaster. A few minutes later, my mobile rang with a strange number. Answering it, I was more than surprised to find myself speaking to the producer of the show. I was on the short list. I let myself get a bit excited but again figured that was that. Twenty minutes later my mobile rang and it was Lucio, the DJ from the show, telling me that I'd won. I must've sounded like an ungrateful bitch as I didn't scream the place down as people usually do when in truth I was just really, really shocked. Suffice to say (despite a mix up with our wristbands and drinks tokens), we had a wicked time. So now, I'll bore you with some photos:

I got some videos too, including The Automatic covering Gold Digger:


I've just realised that all of my video files are pretty huge and it would take an age to upload them all onto here so I'll post them once I've uploaded them onto good old youtube.

Anyhow, a good time was had by all and by the time I got round to doing my last voxpop of the day, I was well and truly gone. I sounded like a complete pillock when they played them back on the radio on Tuesday but I'll be honest, I'll sacrifice 30 seconds of dignity for free tickets next year quite happily.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home