Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Joys of Autumn

I love autumn. I love the array of colourful leaves, crunching along the pavement and crisp, cold mornings. However, the one thing that spoils it is illness. Over the last few weeks, I have watched those around me drop like flies with heavy duty colds, whilst I have been smug with only a light cold that in capacitated me for a weekend. Until Thursday.

Thursday afternoon, I'm sitting in my office when I suddenly feel a chill creep through me. I ignore it, blaming the broken air conditioning and go about my business. By the time I got home that night, it was clear all was not well. I woke up on Friday morning feeling as if I'd been run over by a mucus truck. Against the good advice of those around me, I decided to go to work as I basically had to.

One of the reasons I haven't blogged recently is that I've had a semi-promotion in the form of a freelance fashion assistant position. It's an awesome opportunity to prove myself and I've been throwing myself at it full throttle. Unfortunately, I appear to have been spreading myself a little thin because of it - doing my normal job, doing another shoot last week, as well as this freelance thing. As such, yesterday when I felt rubbish, I knew that despite it all I had to go in and get on with the job as we fly out to our location the week after next.

Needless to say, what was a cold is now full blown tonsilitis and I will be spending this weekend in duvet country, buried in the comfort of my bed, drinking copious amounts of tea and trying to hack into my work email which some oaf decided is a freelance address and requires copious amounts of paperwork to access. BLARGH.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home