Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The aftermath

As predicted, today was somewhat of a tough day; I ended up doing a 14 hour day and that's not including the hour at each end of the day on public transport. I won't go into details but needless to say, it was one of the most painful days I've done in a long time. It far exceeds any of my recent grievances about my current placement by at least a mile.

I was slightly taken aback when at the end of the day it emerged that pretty much everyone else was having a car take them wherever they needed to go but I (the only person working on the shoot for free) was not. Thankfully, I managed to squeeze into another car heading for a post-shoot dinner that dropped me at a tube station, saving me walking through deepest darkest Hackney at 9pm but only just.


On a sad note, Anthony Minghella died today. I met him and his family several times when he worked with my mother many years ago. He was from what I remember a nice man and of course, a wonderful director. My thoughts are with his family during what is no doubt a very sad and very hard time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home