Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Barometer of Shoe

I have finally had the first glimmer of hope that spring might actually, er, spring at last. Yesterday, for the first time this year, I wore ballet pumps without my toes turning blue or soggy. Of course, my enthusiasm was short lived when it rained this morning, forcing me back into my boots but by lunchtime the rain had shifted and my legs were baking. Thankfully, I had a random pair of plimsolls under my desk and after sharing my roasted tootsies with everyone, I was relieved of my leather sweat chambers.

I don't want to jinx it but it's meant to be nice for the rest of the week. Fingers crossed - it's about time we had some decent park-dwelling weather and an excuse to break out the spring-summer wardrobes.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home