Wednesday, September 17, 2008

LFW Tuesday (again)

So, happy news! I was pretty inconsolable at the loss of my wallet last night but the fashion gods have smiled on me - amazingly, someone found my wallet, looked in it and found my Met Bar card. They then called the Met and let them know, who then contacted me. I get it back tomorrow afternoon. Hurrah!

Now, onwards - or rather, backwards - to yesterday. Since I've got to do two days worth and its pretty late already, its mainly going to be visual this evening. So, without further ado... Ashley Isham had the craziest floor. After making us wait around for 45 minutes, we got ushered in to the show space, where we were confronted with a psychedelic floor:



Unfortunately, my camera has gone a little nuts and overexposes lots of stuff so my footage of the final walk is pretty much unusable but I did quickly snap this when I realised what was going on with my camera:



Spotted in the front row: Michelle Collins (formerly Cindy Beale from Eastenders), Jenni Falconer (GMTV) and Lisa Butcher (What Not to Wear).

Next, it was on to Eley Kishimoto, which was a bit of a mixed bag. I liked the patterned tights, cute block colour dresses, Salamander sequin dress and the biker helmet:







The final walk is a bit overexposed, watch at your peril:



The final show that I went to yesterday was Amanda Wakeley. I wasn't particularly inspired but I'll let you be the judge. Unfortunately, I didn't get a single photo in focus so its just the final walk:



After Amanda Wakeley, we headed straight out to Harrods for the Rock & Republic launch party, where I saw a very pinched looking Tamara Beckwith wearing her sunglasses indoors and wielding a giant Selfridges bag like a guard. God knows why, there was one photographer who was there to cover the event and no paps. Odd.

From Harrods, we headed over to the Met Bar for the Pink Drinks party, hosted by the awesome Jamie who was dressed as Willy Wonka for the Fashion Candy theme, including giant lollipops outside:



From there, we headed over to Mahiki for a quick drink and a bit of a boogie with some of the girls and boys of Tatler in order to get us in the mood for the Swarovski/Giles/Rocks Magazine party in Holborn. After a quick drink and a bit of shape throwing, it was time to head to our (hopefully) final destination of the night.

We hopped into another cab to get to Giles but by the time we got there, we were losing our energy and seeing the long line of Hoxtonites waiting to get in, we decided it was time to call it a night and head home. By all accounts, the Giles party was huge, dark and rammed. I don't think I could've coped with not being able to see 5 feet in front of my face and judging from the size of my hangover this morning, I think it was probably a wise choice.

As I was waiting for my car and lamenting my wallet, I saw Tamsin Eggleton (St Trinians') arriving in a fabulous green dress. I think I may have a new girl crush.

As you can see, there's good cause for my exhaustion and on that note, I think I may have to leave today until tomorrow as its midnight and I'd quite like to go to sleep.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home