Friday, February 20, 2009

LFW AW09: Friday

After one day, I'm already exhausted and possibly drunk. I hit up 3 shows and an exhibition in the grand scheme of things and already the day is taking it's toll but I think I'm getting over the flu despite it all. Today, I went to Paul Costelloe, Caroline Charles and Ashish, followed by the London College of Fashion curation course exhibition. So, allow me to talk you through.

Paul Costelloe opened LFW, in grand tradition. This year, the two tents have been merged into one giant space which is a tad bizarre and will take serious getting used to. Before the show, Harold Tillman (head of the British Fashion Council) announced the new venue for LFW as of next season would be Somerset House. Hurrah, only 4 stops from my office, as opposed to double digits. Spotted in the front row: Jennifer Saunders, Erin O'Connor, Nicky Hambleton-Jones and crazy hat lady, back again. Hurrah!

Notes on Paul Costelloe, as written in my notebook: 60s silhoutees, trapeze hemlines, jacquard - gold, bronze, silver, red. Exaggerated shoulders with leather patches, oversized collars and neon pink wide leg trousers, awesome cutaway jumpsuit. Hair big, curled, piled on top and disshevelled with hangover sunnies. Photos to follow:






Where to follow on with Caroline Charles? The only positive thing was Amber Le Bon opening the show and the devil's wife-to-be dress at the end that made the whole audience go "what. the hell?!". I will post video footage at a later date.

The third and final of the day (thanks to the never-ending chasing of PRs for tickets) was Ashish, which wins hands down over everything. Sequins, sparkles and giant pom poms rules the collection, aided along wih music from VV Brown. Simply awesome, I took as many photos as I could, including of the pre-show entertainment featuring a trapeze:










At the Exhibition, Swarovski Headed man suddenly appeared and after the numerous drinks I'd consumed, I felt confident enough to go over, chat and take a photo:



And who knew, he has an actual name and indeed, blog. Click here to check it out. Now, I am far too tired to deal with youtube, videos and the such so I figure I will dedicated a post fashion week blog to pure video footage. Goodnight all, I have an early (and busy) start to tomorrow. Sleep well and dream of handbags.



Fashion footnote What I and others wore today: (L-R) Me - River Island blazer, Illustrated people tank, Topshop Jeans, Topshop ('00) boots, Vintage silk scarf, Chanel handbag. Tory - Luella blazer, American Apparel Dress, Ri2K handbag. Toby - Paul Smith blazer, American Apparel dress, Chanel handbag.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home