Friday, November 23, 2007

A late night visit

It's Friday night, not long after midnight. In grand English tradition, I should be standing in a queue outside a club in the rain, arguing with a bouncer about the amount of alcohol I have ingested that evening. However, after the week I've had, all I could manage to do was crawl home, shove all of the accumulated shit off my beanbag onto the floor space next to it and collapse face down onto the comforting squishy corduroy.

Sometimes, I wonder if I'm the only 23 year old out there who comes home on a Friday evening and wants to eat Chinese food in front of Ugly Betty rather than attempt to drink my own body weight in Sambuca. Don't get me wrong - I will be out on a Saturday night with the rest of the unruly mobs of Britain's pub and club scene but Friday? Nope. Sorry. Nada. I want track pants, chow mein and wine; not necessarily in that order.

As I mentioned, it's been a busy week. I leave on Monday for my first ever gig as a fashion assistant and I've had a million things to do before then and still there are things on my list. However, in one of my few moments of free time, I found this video:



For those of you who are unfamiliar with Brian Dowling, he rose through the ranks of Big Brother to win and go on to be one of the campest TV presenters in quite some time. Although his star has somewhat faded from his glory days presenting CD:UK, he's still kicking around on one of those late night quiz shows and as such, qualified perfectly for this poor revival of 80s favourite, Family Fortunes, only now with 'famous' people.

It's OK Brian, I forgive you. Vernon, you're not so lucky.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home