Saturday, February 02, 2008

Tales from the kitchen

The other night, panicking and trying to find the Garam Masala powder as I cooked a curry, I came across some interesting things in my kitchen. Well, not really interesting per say, more weird and slightly gross.

First up, the siamese triplet grape:



Digging through the spice draw, I came across several things that had gone off. This is a fairly typical in our household. Once every two years or so we purge a different cupboard or set of drawers in the kitchen, propelled by one of my mother's manic cleaning episodes. This wasn't an organised purge; more one brought of necessity as I desperately needed to season the curry. As I tossed items out of the drawer in search of the one I wanted, I came across two very old tins of curry powder, as you'll be able to see in the photos below:



Yes, your eyes do not deceive you, they really are dated May 1996 and October 1995.



Worrying, no? However, once all of the items had been photographed and archived for your viewing pleasure, you will be happy to know that they were all destroyed; the spices went in the bin and the grape was eaten. While it was triple the size of a standard grape, it was disappointingly not tripley tasty. Alas.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home