Thursday, October 23, 2008

Annoyed face

A few weeks ago, I noticed that my two favourite pairs of skinny jeans that I virtually live in had begun to split at the seams. Considering that I alternated between these two pairs day in, day out for almost four years, they've done pretty well. One pair is blue and one is grey. The blue were simply wearing through but the greys (the oldest of the two) were starting to split along a seam but being the resourceful soul that I am, I grabbed a needle and thread and with a bit of effort, managed to stitch them up enough that you wouldn't know.

At the beginning of the week, I reluctantly had to put them in the washing machine after I dropped balsamic vinegar down one leg. I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that I am not gross, I was merely concerned in regard to their fragile state.

Sure enough, last night as I peeled them off after another day of wear, I noticed that although my handy work had held up, two new holes had emerged in the fabric and they're not the kind that can easily be stitched as they're not on the seam. I'm going to need to do some serious mending if I want to wear them again without flashing my pants to all and sundry.

Most annoyingly, Topshop, where both pairs are from, tweak the cut and style every season so they're never the same. I tried some on the other week as a just in case measure to no joy. So now, I begin the lengthy journey of once again trying to find jeans I love and as any woman will attest, this is no easy task.

ARGH.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home