Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hey, Fatty! Day Two



If ever there was a thing to get in the way of a diet (or thinning, as I prefer to refer to it), it's a press event and today, I had two. I started the day with a breakfast event on the roof terrace of Soho House and ended it with the press preview and shopping event for Barbara Hulanicki for Topshop. Both had plenty of scrummy delights and led me to temptation. Oh and inbetween, who could forget that it was also Ben & Jerry's free cone day, coinciding with the hottest day of the year so far - 21C. Damn them. Now, onwards with my (shameful) food diary for today:

Breakfast - large glass of freshly squeezed orange juice, quarter of grilled bacon sandwich with a smear of ketchup
Mid-morning snack - small portion of green and black grapes
Lunch - 3 carrots, 2 tbsp tarmasalata dip, small beetroot/pepper/lettuce salad with balsamic vinegar
Afternoon snack - 1 scoop of B&J cookie dough in a waffle cone (BAD but yummy)
Dinner (at Topshop) - 1 1/2 small portions of salmon on brown rice with pomegranates, 2 bites of thai style halibut with rice, three slices of chicken breast, 3 small lumps of mozzarella. 1 shot glass of Dime bar cheesecake, 1 bite size chocolate fairy cake, 2 1/2 glasses champagne

Although my dinner may look like I ate a lot, the food portions were no more than a few forkfuls so I don't feel guilty. I do, however, feel guilty about the champagne. Bad bad bad.

While at the Barbara Hulanicki event, I bought the little aomeba/leopard print peach coloured skater skirt. The dress version literally sold out in about 10 minutes, with people stalking around trying to find cast offs. Among those in attendance that I saw were the ever present Jo Wood, Christopher Kane and OMG, Cilla Black. I promise to post photos tomorrow.

In the meantime, please check out the awesome Salad Club, a blog about yes you guessed it, salads and run by a girl I went to University with.

Without further ado, I bid you farewell - I'm off to pack a lunch and do some form of penance for my (minor) champagne guzzling.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home