Saturday, February 23, 2008

Holy grail of the soap addict

When it comes to soaps, I get very excitable. As returning readers will know, one of my biggest gripes about entering the working world is missing out on Neighbours. When the news came out that Five would be buying the show from the BBC, I was high on rumours that there would be an omnibus. Try as I might, I couldn't find any confirmation about it and resigned myself to the fact that there would be no change, other than the channel number and addition of commercial.

Imagine my delight, when channel surfing I came across the holy grail, THE OMNIBUS! I almost fell off the bed with joy, much to the amusement of my boyfriend. For the first time in almost two years, I got to watch several chronological episodes without the inconvenience of being riddled with flu.

See? I told you, Neighbours is like crack and I've fallen off the wagon in spectacular style. Bang go my saturday afternoons unless I can figure out my ancient VCR or suddenly afford Sky+. And we all know that neither of those are going to happen any time soon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home